|September 27, 2006|
|Ultimate Baseball Online Released|
Diamond Bar, California – September 26, 2006 – Netamin Communication Corp. today announced it has begun offering subscriptions for Ultimate Baseball Online 2006, the world's first massively multiplayer online sports game (MMOSG).
"Lifetime" subscriptions are being offered from September 25, 2006 through October 25, 2006 for the low monthly charge of $7.95, with no price increases for the life of the subscription. After October 25th the regular monthly fee of $9.95 will be offered, with substantial discounts for semi-annual and annual subscriptions.
Ultimate Baseball Online (UBO) 2006 will offer a free download and free entry-level play, including the ability to create characters and play pickup games and some tournaments. Subscribers advance through 99 levels and participate in a full range of online baseball activities, including league seasons and the free and entry fee tournaments, and prized competitions which make UBO the most exciting team sport on the internet.
As part of the subscription launch, Netamin also is announcing the Ultimate Baseball Championship, an annual competition where winners of UBO League play and tournaments compete for the title of Best UBO Team in the World. Over $10,000 in cash prizes will be awarded, with the first playoff series beginning in late 2007.
About Ultimate Baseball Online 2006
In UBO, baseball enthusiasts and gamers compete in 3D virtual stadiums. With stunning graphics and surround-sound audio reactions from the crowd, participants control customized characters for each position and compete together against other UBO gamers. Players use an avatar to bat, pitch, field, run, and perform other baseball actions. Participants can practice, play pick-up games, join or found their own teams, compete against rival teams, play in specialized tournaments, and win league championships in post-season play. Gamers create their own characters and build their skill level (player stats) through successful play on the field against other real human players. Unlike current video games that aim to simulate professional sports, UBO delivers a first-person perspective of a character, created and developed by the player, interacting online in real-time with teammates and opponents.
UBO 2006 Game Features:
1. Download free client for a risk-free trial
2. Create up to three characters and manage their baseball careers
3. Compete against all-human teams — all eighteen positions on the field can be manned by humans
4. Form teams with friends to compete in social leagues or highly competitive tourneys
5. Play in realistic a 3D virtual stadium complete with Jumbotron®, blimp, and surround sound
6. Compete in Tournaments as part of a team or as a free agent
7. Win cash and prizes such as Sony PlayStation™ Portables®, Best Buy certificates, personalized jerseys and more by competing in Tournament PRO, UBO’s prized tournament system
8. Track personalized statistics, and League Leaders through personal player Web pages
9. Read about yourself and others in the game with a dedicated UBO News section 10. Throw bonus pitches over 100mph!
11. Develop hot spots to hit maximum power!
Over the past three years, beta versions of Ultimate Baseball Online have been played by people throughout the world. UBO has seen strong participation in the United States, Canada, Taiwan, Korea, England, Italy, South Africa, Brazil, Australia and many other countries.
Darrell Evans, a two-time Major League All-Star ('73 & '83) and World Series champion (1984), serves as UBO’s Baseball Ambassador. "Ultimate Baseball Online really does capture the feeling of being a member of a team," said Evans. "Video games are usually a solitary experience. UBO gives players a great appreciation for the nuances of each position, as well as an understanding of the teamwork that is involved in playing the sport of baseball successfully. And best of all, as an online game with three virtual seasons per year,
|LATEST NEWS HEADLINES|